CAPE TOWN #UberEverywhere
HOWZIT! Our next stop on this lekker journey we call #UberEverywhere brings us to the southern tip of Africa: CAPE TOWN. One of the most diverse cities in the world: the Mother City has it all. Start your morning off with a refreshing hike up Lions Head, cruise down the coast for fish and chips in Hout Bay, continue along the peninsula for a mid-afternoon wine tasting in Constantia, and still make it to Camps Bay for sundowners on the promenade. Still looking for a vibe? Head over to Long Street, where you are bound to find a party (and a cold beverage and Boerewors roll to go with it).
Gorgeous scenery, stunning beaches, delicious food and wine, and RAD nightlife, it’s no wonder we had to come get in on the action! With SA rugby legend Breyton Paulse as our first rider back in August, we had our official launch on Clifton beach on the 10th of October 2013 and never looked back! It has been an absolute pleasure #Ubering all you fab Capetonians around the Mother City the past few months! Thank you all so much for the loyalty and support.
Ubering Around Cape Town!
Team @Uber_CT’s TOP FIVE!
With so much to do every day, its easy to get lost in your scene and forget to take in all that this city can offer. Not to worry, Team @Uber_CT is on it! With three ridiculously different (and equally awesome) managers, we have compiled a list of our top 5 fav places in Cape Town!
1. ORPHANAGE: If you had not had a “More Tea Vicar” you have not experienced life. I mean, who doesn’t enjoy drinking an amazing cocktail out of a tea cup? Orphanage Cocktail Emporium is a little gem located on the corner of Bree and Orphan. This “specialist cocktail club and eatery” is a favourite for after work drinks. Calling this place unique simply doesn’t do it justice. With countless “cocktail elixirs”, delicious food and a cheeky little drink called “The Uber Mover,” Orphanage is one place the entire team can agree is #UberApproved.
2. MZOLIS: While we love our Sundays in Camps Bay, once a month @Uber_CT cruises over to Gugulethu to get in on some Mzolis action. Delicious braai meat, awesome jams, and a stunning mixture of locals and tourists that embodies the Rainbow Nation we call home- Mzolis is a must. #ProTip: Be sure to have your Uber stop en route for napkins and silverware. A day at Mzolis is bound to get messy (we learned the hard way).
3. CITY BOWL MARKET: Easily one of the coolest things about Cape Town is the market culture. It is not uncommon for the team to start off Saturday with breakfast at Neighbourgoods Market, only to Uber it straight to Hout Bay to check out the vibe at Bay Harbour Market. While we love each and every market this city has to offer, we feel the need to give The City Bowl Market a little extra #UberLOVE on here. The City Bowl Market is located on Hope St. in Gardens and opens its doors to Cape Town’s movers and shakers Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings. Personally, this is our favourite Thursday spot. #ProTip: you can usually grab a spot to sit upstairs if downstairs gets too packed, and get there early to score a highly coveted Chilli Popper.
4. KALKYS: Massive servings of perfectly battered Fish and Chips located smack in the middle of Kalk Bay Harbour. Need we say more?
5. OCEAN JEWELS: Okay I’ll admit it – we have a serious soft spot for this jewel (pun absolutely intended). Located in the #UberTrendy Woodstock Exchange (where we just happen to have our offices) Ocean Jewels feeds Team @Uber_CT every day. Healthy, delicious and affordable – everyone needs to pop in The Exchange to try this place out. Not to mention, the woman who owns it is an absolute legend. If you can’t make it during the week, you can find Ocean Jewels at the Neighbourgoods Market every Saturday.
Team Uber Cape Town
LETS TALK SOCIAL!