#UberDriverLove: Driver Profile Videos
We can’t thank our riders enough for the amazing #UberDCLove they’ve shown over the past 9 months, and we’re thrilled to keep on providing a stylish, safe, and reliable transportation alternative here in DC. But while pushing a button and connecting to a town car just doesn’t get old, it’s the fantastic Partners that drive you each day who deserve the credit for making Uber as successful as it has been to date.
These drivers aren’t just awesome behind the wheel. Every day, the Uber DC team hears from drivers who have just had a baby, wrapped up a degree, sent their kids off to college, or grown their own business in a major way. While we love working to make transportation more convenient and classy, it is the huge difference we make in the lives of drivers and their families as a result of stable, dependable income that is truly moving. This first video is a testament to that.
These drivers inspire us, and after a few rides and some good conversations we think you’ll agree! But this week, we thought it was time to hear from our Partners and share their stories with you. We picked a few and asked them about everything from the story of the first time they ever drove a car to what inspires them about their job. We got into the nitty gritty of their hobbies (Horticulture! Baking! Social work!), and the touching details of their family lives.
We also wanted to share some #UberDriverLove, so we created five personal driver profile videos that you can check out below. But more importantly, next time you take an Uber listen to a few of our Partner’s stories… we’re pretty sure they will wow you too.
Here are the awesome drivers we profiled:
- Saqib: a sharply dressed, Ray Ban-wearing family man who just upgraded his fleet with a seriously sweet Mercedes.
- Robert: a native Washingtonian and fervent gardener (we checked out his seriously lush garden – this man has a major green thumb!).
- Solomon: an immigrant from Ethiopia who is proud to support his family with Uber’s help.
- Sam and Stacy Taylor: a newlywed couple who both drive for Uber.
- Negash: an award-winning Ethiopian chef who is an entrepreneur at heart.
We’d love to hear your “stories from the road” about your favorite driver experiences! Pop them in the comment section below, or tweet it up @Uber_DC. We can’t wait to hear about your #UberDriverLove!