Did you find a golden ticket?
- If you are in the pricing test, you can ride Uber at a reduced rate (either 10%, 20% or if you’re really lucky, 30%!).
- The test is random and the 600 users with reduced rates have already been selected. Please don’t try to pull a Veruca Salt on us and open up lots of new Uber accounts – it won’t work. 😉
- This is an extended test that will run for up to 3 months. That makes it even better than a decadent one-day tour of a chocolate factory!
- This test is only running in San Francisco. After all, it’s the only city with a Golden Gate.
- The best part about all of this? You’ll have to do absolutely nothing. If you’re in the test, just ride with Uber on the account you signed up with and you’ll automatically receive the reduced rates!
Now, don’t worry… there won’t be any “accidents” happening to you if you’re in our price elasticity test. The gum, breathmints and water our drivers provide will be 100% Wonka-free. And of course, we’ll still be quality-checking all our cars to ensure that there are no Oompa-Loompas hiding under the seats.For those of you who aren’t in our test, we sympathize. But the golden ticket wouldn’t be so very golden if everyone had it now, would it? Ultimately, the data from this test will lead to better pricing for everyone. And when that day comes, we’ll all ride the great glass elevator to a world where Ubers abound. Huzzah!